JUST ANOTHER MANIC MONDAY
Some days it feels like #franticonthefarm when I have to throw on a pair of wellies and run out of the door to chase a herd of sheep off the front field before they escape and start eating uncle Jimmy's prize petunia.
- TIP 1 BREATHE. TAKING 5 SLOW DEEP BREATHS HELPS TO LOWER YOUR HEART RATE AND BLOOD PRESSURE AND REDUCE THE FLOW OF CHEMICALS INTO YOU BLOOD STREAM THAT CAN LEAD TO FEELINGS OF PANIC OR ANXIETY.
It's now 9.15 and on Monday, that means Yoga! The 1st of four classes run throughout the week. Lots of lovely ladies and gentlemen all heading to the retreat for an hour of calm to start their week off right, while for me it's more about impersonating a sheep dog.
- TIP 2 DONT WORRY. WORRYING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAS HAPPENED WILL NOT CHANGE THAT EVENT AND WILL ONLY LEAD TO YOU FEELING STRESSED AND ANXIOUS SO REFER TO TIP ONE AND TAKE 5 DEEP BREATHS.
But apart from the odd stray sheep I love Mondays, as that is the day we run baby buddies, a tranquil class for mummys and babies to bond with sensory play, songs and massage. I am able to take an hour and join in with our current foster baby and #calmonthefarm is restored to my world again.
- TIP 3 BE GRATEFUL. PRACTICE THE ART OF GRATITUDE ON A DAILY BASIS AND SEE HOW MUCH YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE. EVEN ON DAYS WHEN THE WORLD SEEMS AGAINST US WE CAN ALWAYS FIND 1 SMALL THING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR AND THIS HELPS TO FOCUS OUR MIND ON SOMETHING POSITIVE.
The rest of the day is spent juggling the demands of an 8 month old, 2 teenagers, a husband and a slightly demented elderly uncle. The day flies by and before I know it its 6.30pm and we are back to yoga!
The #calmonthefarm hostess smiles and greets the lovely ladies and gentlemen while the slightly #frazzeledonthefarm wife and mother alter ego tries to cover up the smell of tonights evening meal with incense. My plan to attend weekly yoga has not materialised over the past 12 months so #flexibleonthefarm remains a distant dream.
At 8pm we close the farm gate for another day and #calmonthefarm returns once again, ready to do it all again tomorrow after a sit on the sofa and maybe a small glass of wine.
- TIP 4 ALWAYS SAY THANK YOU. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I WEAR SO MANY HATS IN A DAY, WIFE, MUMMY, FOSTER CARER, RETREAT OWNER, BUT BEHIND EVERY BUSY WOMAN IS A FANTASTICLY SUPPORTIVE TRIBE OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS WITHOUT WHICH ALL OF THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE.
- TIP 5 YOUR DAY MAY NOT ALWAYS GO TO PLAN BUT ITS ONLY 24H AND TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY TO GET UP AND SHINE!
Thank you for reading my 1st blog post and I hope to see you all for a bit of #calmonthefarm very soon.